OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2010

From:
TTSS Peg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2010 16:08:43 -0700
Trumpeter Swans are moving to wintering areas from many northern and several
Midwest states, and we are hoping to track sightings of them throughout the
migration and winter season. We encourage you to alert us if Trumpeters show
up in your area or surrounding states that you may visit while birding. Our
program is called Trumpeter Watch and this is the second season. This year
we are partnering with eBird, so if you report there we will see your
sightings. If you post only to Listserv we will see your notes if you have
Trumpeter Swan in the subject line but we could be delayed in seeing your
valuable information if the sighting is in a longer list of species and not
in the subject line. If you find Trumpeters, or have records of Trumpeter
Swans remaining year round in your area, you can also email me direct at
[log in to unmask] We have a number of identification tips on our
website and a monthly free ENEWS to keep you posted on the project and other
news about swans. We had an excellent year of reports last winter and we
look forward -- with your help -- to another good season. Thank you.

Peg Abbott
The Trumpeter Swan Society, Outreach Coordinator