OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2010

From:
Paul Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2010 18:44:53 -0700
Taking advantage of one of the season's last days long enough for post-work birding, Jeff Grabmeier and I traveled to Bluffton to seek the black-bellied whistling duck. We found it tucked into the northeastern corner of the quarry at about 6:30 PM, after a surprisingly difficult search for such a striking duck in small body of water.

Thanks to all for getting the word out.

Paul Gardner
Columbus, OH