OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2010

From:
Steve Cagan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Cagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2010 16:42:34 -0400
Beth and I were both in downtown Cleveland this afternoon and, largely
inspired by Paula¹s recent posts, decided to visit Erie Street cemetery‹it¹s
always been a favorite of ours. We got home to find another wonderful list
from Paula. Although we were there only an hour or so later, our experience
was very different. It¹s a good thing we know what good observers that crew
is, or we would have concluded that they were smoking some funny tobacco...

In the end we decided they just chased most of the birds away. Here¹s what
we had:

Northern Flickers‹lots, probably a couple of dozen at least
White-throated Sparrows-xx
White-crowned sparrows-xx
Dark-eyed Juncos‹probably 20
Song Sparrows‹2 or 3
Brown Creepers‹at least half a dozen
Hermit Thrushes‹8 or 10
Swainson¹s Thrush‹1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet‹2

And the biggest disappointment:

Warblers (Erie Street is usually very good for us during migrations):
Yellow-rumped‹1 (one!) and a possible Black-and-white

Best wishes,

Steve Cagan
Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga County

Steve Cagan, photographer
www.stevecagan.com
www.pbase.com/stevecagan
216-932-2753 (USA)
314-473-0361 (Colombia‹hasta 13 de septiembre de 2010)