OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2010

From:
Mardi Dickinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mardi Dickinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2010 16:07:04 -0400
Birders et all,

It has been brought to my attention some Ohio folks asked about. CT=
Connecticut. I have had many
people from the great state of Ohio, and other parts of the Midwest
and West coast., asking me if the White
Tailed Kite is still around here in Connecticut. Of which many picked
this info up on the Connecticut Bird List.

Many folks are coming from all over to the east for work and other
reasons and want to see the WTKite
here in Connecticut. That is why I put this out onto the Ohio list in
the first place. I come out each year or at
least try to each spring to NW Ohio to Magee Marsh area. My apologies
to this list that this is not a Ohio bird to see.
and perhaps overstepping in putting out on this list orginally. I hope
no harm no foul.

Cheers,
Mardi Dickinson
Norwalk, Connecticut
http://twitter.com/mardiwd
http://kymry.wordpress.com

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Mardi Dickinson <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: October 7, 2010 12:27:32 AM EDT
> To:  Ohio List <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: WTKite still in CT
>

> Birders et all,
>
> If you haven't had the change by now to see this fantastic bird.,
> Now 67 days.
> Its molting is mostly completed. First Record in CT, 2nd in the New
> England last seen on May 10, 1910
in Martha's Vineyard