OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2010

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 2010 16:42:41 -0700
I went to Villa Angela and Wildwood State Parks on the east side of Cleveland today from 11am to 5:20pm.  Didn't find anything too unusual. It rained most of the time preventing most picture taking.  Here is a list of some of what I saw:

Great Blue Heron 1
Black-crowned Night-Heron 1 juvenile wildwood
Chimney Swifts ~40 (all I saw when I looked up)
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 2
Northern Flicker 2
Eastern Phoebe 1
Blue-headed Vireo 1
Blue Jays - many noisy ones
Tufted Titmouse 2, B.C. Chickadees 12-15
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1, White-breasted 2
Brown Creeper 9-10
Winter Wrens 4
Golden-crowned Kinglets 10-12
Ruby-crowned Kinglets 15
Swainsons Thrush 5
Hermit Thrush 10
Gray Catbird 3

Warblers:
Tennessee 2 (in field & near bathhouse)
Orange-crowned 2 (wildwood & villa angela)
Nashville 8-9
Black-throated Blue 1f
Yellow-rumped 45+
Palm 5
Bay-breasted 3
Blackpoll 6
Common Yellowthroat 1
Wilson's 1

Field Sparrows 2
Song Sparrows 5
Lincoln's Sparrow 2
Swamp Sparrow 3
White-throated - too many to count over 35
White-crowned 15-18
Dark-eyed Junco 7

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH