OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2010

From:
Alex Champagne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Champagne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2010 09:45:40 -0500
The OSU Ornithology Club took a trip to these reservoirs in
Franklin/Delaware County yesterday, and saw 45 species on the day.
Highlights included:

Hoover Dam:
Osprey
Bufflehead
Lesser Scaup
American Coot (5)
Pied-billed Grebe

Area I of Hoover/Oxbow:
Bonaparte's Gull (100)
Hooded Merganser (100-200)
Ruddy Duck (3)
Black Duck (15)
Green-winged Teal (5)

Mudhen Marsh:
Fox Sparrow (3)
American Tree Sparrow (2)

Alum Dam/New Galena:
A combination of poor afternoon light, distance, and waves made it difficult
to pinpoint the birds forming large rafts in the lake, but we were able to
pick out Scaup, Ruddy Duck, and American Coot.

Hogback Ridge Preserve:
Purple Finch