OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2010

Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:03:05 -0500
We just returned from Fla., and visited the celery fields near Sarasota.
Sandhills come in around dusk. Beautiful sight.
exit 210 on I-75 Fruitville Rd. Go east on Rt. 780 approx. 1/2 mi. to
traffic light, turn right, go around past the library, follow rd. approx. 1
mi. to Palmer Blvd. Turn left, down 1/3 mi. or so, fields are to your right.
On the left there is a Gazebo with parking. But when we were at the parking
lot, we saw the Sandhills coming into a field across the st. from the
parking area.
Good luck.
  Sigrid Emerling