OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2010

From:
Ray Silvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Silvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2010 18:47:23 -0700
Did a circuit of Deer Creek today but did not see the Red Phalarope.   But there
is so much of Deer Creek that is not accesable that a bird is easily missed.
Did have a Kingfisher yell at me at the Marina.  I am thinking he is having a
hard time as the water level is way down leaving all the good overlook spots far
from the water.

Went on down to Caeser Creek SP and had nice views of the Pacific Loon.   The
back of the Loon's head is a medium grey which really stands out in contrast to
the Common Loons.   Could not get a photo as the bird was near the north-western
shore across from Harveysburg Rd.

RaySilvey

Columbus