OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2010

From:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 2010 21:37:49 -0500
Ditto on the swans today.  At 9am I heard (and saw) two large flights of
Tundra Swans fly over our place.  This is a regular occurrence for the last
several Novembers.  I could hear them for a full minute before they came
into view and they were waaaaay up there!  One flight was about 40 birds and
the other was viewed through the tree tops so it was hard to tell - maybe 20
or so.

Also saw a beautiful Red-shouldered Hawk along Bell Road in S. Russell - a
resident bird but always a pleasure in the sunlight!

Matt Valencic
Chagrin Falls, OH
Geauga County