OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2010

From:
Kim Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kim Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 2010 15:21:59 -0500
Since Kenn was reporting the Sabine's Gull via iPhone on location from
Metzger, I thought I'd follow up with more information about Metzger Marsh
Wildlife Area.

METZGER MARSH WILDLIFE AREA:  On the shores of Lake Erie in Ottawa County,
just west of Magee Marsh WA and Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge. Just east
of the village of Bono, Route 2 makes a major curve to run south.  The
well-marked turnoff to Metzger is on the curve.  For a BSBO birding map of
the area, click here:
http://www.bsbo.org/birding/pdf/Metzger_Marsh_Wildlife_Area.pdf

And, here's a Mapquest thingy, too.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?cat=Metzger+Marsh&city=Curtice&state=OH