OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2010

From:
Matthew Shumar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Shumar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2010 12:03:18 -0400
The actual amount of red does not vary much between individuals, however the
amount you can see varies a lot!!  The red patch is normally obscured by the
"normal" feathers, and is displayed when agitated or exhibiting territorial
behavior.  Depending on the mood of the bird, you may or may not be able to
see a red patch as the individual goes about it's business.

such energetic little birds!

~Matt

--
Matthew Shumar
Research Associate / Project Coordinator