OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2010

From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2010 16:10:41 -0500
        With heavy rain on the way, it might be fun to look at some neat  sites
on the Web inside. Here, for example, are recent radar scans of Ohio
said to represent huge night roosts of purple martins dispersing in the
morning:  http://www.erh.noaa.gov/iln/research/birds/  Be sure to check
out the articles cited at the end. Do we really have that many giant
martin roosts? There's a big one on S. Bass Island, but it doesn't even
show up here.
        Or take your favorite motion sickness medication and check out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-_RHRAzUHM , where you can see what
small cameras mounted on the backs of a peregrine falcon and a northern
goshawk show when they're out hunting.
Bill Whan
Columbus