OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2010

From:
James Fox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Fox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2010 21:04:07 -0500
Karl Overman and I birded Northwest Ohio today and saw several good birds.  We started off with the Sabine's Gull at Metzger Marsh and then headed south to Bluffton for the Black-belied Whistling duck.  It was being fed corn by some people and we were able to get quite close to it.  We also had a Snow Goose and three Ross's Geese at the intersection of SR 65 and Bluelick Rd. in Allen County.  After this we headed up to Paulding county for the Brant.  We saw it in the field south of Road 24 just west of CR 107.  We also saw 15 Cackling Geese and two Snow Geese in the pond west of CR 107.  There were hundreds of Lapland Longspurs in the area as well as one Snow Bunting.  I have posted several pictures from today on my flickr site.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22374475@N07/

James Fox
Farmington Hills, MI