OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2010

From:
Dave Slager <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Slager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2010 12:52:44 -0400
11/4/2010

This morning during my thrice-weekly eBird site survey of my urban Columbus
yard, I found a female Black-throated Blue Warbler.  This is a full month
later than my previous personal "late date" for this species in Ohio.

Good birding,

Dave Slager
Columbus, OH

Location:     My Yard
Observation date:     11/4/10
Number of species:     9

Ring-billed Gull - Larus delawarensis     6
Carolina Chickadee - Poecile carolinensis     4
Red-breasted Nuthatch - Sitta canadensis     1     female
Golden-crowned Kinglet - Regulus satrapa     4
American Robin - Turdus migratorius     3
European Starling - Sturnus vulgaris     3
*Black-throated Blue Warbler - Dendroica caerulescens     1     **LATE
female*
House Finch - Carpodacus mexicanus     2
American Goldfinch - Spinus tristis     1

Dave Slager
Graduate Student
Terrestrial Wildlife Ecology Lab
School of Environment and Natural Resources
The Ohio State University
210 Kottman Hall, 2021 Coffey Road
Columbus, OH  43210-1085