OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2010

From:
Ron Looker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Looker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2010 00:50:48 -0400
I went to Big Island and Killdeer today. It was cold and windy, but still
rather productive. I am unsure on a couple of birds since I'm still a rookie
birder. Everyone was helpful last time I had questions. I have the pictures
on Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/54181712@N07/

The goose like bird was in the river at Scioto park last Wed.

We spent most of our time at the wild life platform in Big Island and pond
27 in Killdeer. Notables were:

Many coots, Canada Geese, crows, European Starlings
A few pied-billed grebes
3 Northern Harriers
At least 2 adult bald eagles
Horned larks
Common snipes
Greater yellowlegs
Killdeer
Red-tailed hawks
Possible trumpeter swans
American Kestrel
Common Grackle
Hairy Woodpecker
Red-winged blackbirds
Turkey Vultures

I look forward to everyone's opinion. Thanks in advance.