OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2010

From:
Linda Sekura <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2010 12:36:06 EST
Thanks, Scott. Yes, it's a great book. I'm in awe of Larry Rosche  & keep
his books in my car year-round.  I had trouble  learning birds until 4-5
years ago when I started studying Larry's  guidelines, hotspots, and tips.

What surprised me was hearing the killdeer long after they've disappeared
from the city areas I frequent, including large expanses of NASA Lewis
Field,  where they're ubiquitous spring thru fall - and gone after the abundant
grasshoppers have laid their eggs and left us.  To see them last  week on
the mudflats at ONWR, sucking on crustaceans & insects, felt  right. But all
this was just gut feeling from my meager  experiences.

Linda

In a message dated 11/9/2010 8:19:59 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,