OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2010

From:
Larry Gara <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Gara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:07:23 -0500
This AM Bob Powell and I went to Caesar Creek hoping to get another good look at the Pacific Loon but, like Bill Whan who was there later, we struck out. It is either gone or on another part of the lake. Here is what we did see.

On the Beach:
27 Ring-billed Gulls
5 Bonaparte's Gulls
3 Herring Gulls
2 Killdeer

Harveysburg Road:
2 Common Loons
31 Horned Grebes
1 Pied-billed Grebe

Young Rd. Boat Ramp:
128 Ring-billed Gulls
21 Bonaparte's Gulls
32 Killdeer - seen and heard. If you want Killdeers, we have them.
1 Great Blue Heron

Contented Birder Cheers,  Larry Gara