OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2010

From:
Steven Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:55:53 -0500
Greetings everyone!

Well, I had a choice today, go south and see the loons before work, or WNW to see the Cattle Egret.  Since the Egret was putting on a great show as of late, I decided to head to St. Mary's fish hatchery.  I wasn't disappointed.  Since I have never captured a Cattle Egret on digital film, it made it a lifer on my personal birding with camera list.  I was hoping to add a cackling goose and collared dove to the list, but I couldn't flush either out.  But I was also able to cross off a Herring gull from the list.

After finishing up at St. Mary's, I headed down 33 to Indian lake to check out the beach since the beach was dead, I didn't have a problem with dogs and kids.  While there, I knocked off a third lifer for the day in a grand way.  In and amongst the ring-billed gulls were 20 Bonepart's Gulls!

With that, it was time to head to work...oops wait, its time to start work! :-D

Had a great day and thanks to Russowl for the lead on the Cattle Egret.

Steve J
(Aka sjlarue)