OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2010

Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2010 19:16:04 -0500
Alright already.
Addressing the "duck stamp" angle:

No one has to pretend to be anything or anyone in order to buy a "duck
stamp".

Yes, waterfowl hunters are required to purchase one and attach it to their
hunting license.

The back of the stamp reads:

"We are in a new era of conservation working with partners with whom we are
finding common ground and forging solutions to the complex natural resource
issues of our times."
(Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, May 2009)

"For more than 75 years, waterfowl hunters and stamp collectors have been
the mainstay of the Federal Duck Stamp program, providing the revenue used
to conserve some of the most important wetland and grassland habitats within
the National Wildlife Refuge System. But these preserved habitats benefit
many other species - plants, fish, amphibians, and even butterflies - as
well as many other families of wetland and grassland birds - a fact
recognized by America's birders. Please join waterfowl hunters, stamp
collectors, and birders as members of our conservation community by
purchasing Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamps. Remember, when
you buy a duck stamp, you get a return as great as all outdoors."

" Put your stamp on conservation... Buy a Duck Stamp!"

Also the method to report bird bands is on the back. (www.reportband.gov)

Did you know that some National Wildlife Refuges charge admittance fees? Of
those that do the fee is usually entirely or partially waived (no do not
have time to look them all up) waived. Even though I do not see it stated
here, The "duck stamp" is essentially a "season pass".

Renee