OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2010

From:
Glenn Welch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Glenn Welch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 2010 11:47:46 -0500
This is a list of birds that I've seen at my feeders this week.
Fox Sparrows                    Cardinal
Tree Sparrows                   Starlings
House Sparrows              Chickadees
Song Sparrows                  WB Nuthatches
Downey Woodpeckers        Hairy Woodpeckers
Redbellied Woodpeckers    Titmouse
Junco's                             BlueJays
Today my wife spotted a large hawk in the trees at the west end of the grassland.  It turned out to be, I believe, a first year Broadwinged Hawk.  It was not a Red-tailed Hawk.

Bob Welch
SQM Coordinator
Southwest Scenic Rivers
Ohio Department of Natural Resources