OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2010

From:
Tom Bain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2010 08:40:12 -0500
We found a Long-tailed Duck with five Ruddy Ducks and a Common Merganser
after sunset yesterday at Jisco Lake a few miles SW of Jackson OH. Our
second to last bird on the Beaver Valley Christmas Bird Count (our last
birds were four Short-eared Owls along Route 32 near Beaver OH).

Approach Jisco Lake from Route 32, The Appalachian Highway, by taking Route
776 north a few miles at most. Park in the small lot at the gate below dam.
Ascend the dam and scope the open water.

Tom Bain