OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2010

From:
Clyde Witt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clyde Witt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2010 14:41:46 -0500
The bad news, first, is that after more than 90 minutes of searching, along with Susan Jones and Cliff
Witt, we were unable to shrink any of the Canada Geese down to Cackling size. Nor could we turn any
of the other ducks and geese into a Ross's Goose.

The good news is that there is a good selection of ducks at the Castalia Pond:
Rudy Duck
Northern Shoveler
Mallard
American Coot
Gadwall
Bufflehead
American Black Duck
Ringed-neck Duck

Along with an assortment of other birds, we also had a fly over of a flock of about 30 Tundra Swans,
and on Route 6 near the intersection with Maple Road, we had a Merlin on the wire.

Clyde Witt