OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2010

From:
Mardi Dickinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mardi Dickinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2010 21:01:34 -0500
Hi Daniel,

I am not familiar with this brand so much. There are several questions
you might
want to consider asking yourself before going forward to fully
understand what you really want or need.

Are you just starting out birding or have you been doing this for
awhile? Do you want a good scope for
the moment? Or a great scope forever? How much are you willing to
spend on good to great optics
or not? This will determine what level you really want to go with.
There are several Scopes that maybe
better optics for the level or a little more $ of what a Tasco is.
Also by spending a little more you will may
find yourself in a much better level of optics that will take you
longer down the birding & optics road.

Take a look at a few articles on scopes & Binoculars I wrote on my
blog.I talk about things to think
about and what to look for when choosing Scopes or Binoculars. Granted
I talk about high end optics
but this applies to any level of optics and birders to think about.

http://kymry.wordpress.com/birdwatching/

Hope this helps Daniel and for anybody else that maybe considering and
trying to understand some of
the optics world in a simple way.

Cheers,
Mardi Dickinson