OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2010

From:
jill bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jill bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 2010 17:57:58 -0500
Just returned from visiting the St Marys Fish Hatchery --
The Greater White Fronted Geese are still present as is the Canvasback!
AND!! There was a huge flock of Sandhill Cranes flying over - probably the flock Russ reported circling the Mercer Wildlife Area.
There are MANY, MANY Mallards and Canada Geese also. And we found 4 Black Ducks amongst the Mallards.

They are in the corn field just north of the Fish Hatchery. This is private land with 3-4 wetlands on the west border. The waterfowl enjoy "hiding" in these wet areas. But you can view them from the north drive of the fish hatchery.

We are seeing several Kestrels perching on wires along OH 364 in this area.

Friday, I observed TWO Belted Kingfishers are the FIsh Hatchery.

And the Euro Collared Doves are hanging around the feed mill in Celina.

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let is Snow!!!

Merry Christmas All,

Jill
Auglaize County