OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2010

From:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2010 15:13:40 -0500
As of 3PM, great views of the Black-headed Gull at Lorain Harbor are being had. As Doreene previously stated the celebrity bird was coming in close enough to see the beautiful red bill. Upon my arrival at about 2:30PM Dan Sanders immediately pointed the bird out! Thanks Dan. As he noted, it is easier to find it with the naked eye looking for the dark under wings, then following it with the binoculars. Our viewing was from the orange triangle #6 channel marker. Upon Ken Shepherd's and my departure, a Peregrine Falcon was harrassing the thousands of Bonaparte's Gulls.
Bob Lane/Damascus