OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2010

Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2010 13:23:21 -0500
Before I begin, let me say that this is not an endorsement of the product, I am simply stating that this is working for me.

I just received an email from one that was having the gibberish issues with the posts that I sent through my Droid to Ohio Birds' listserv.

Yesterday after doing a little research, I changed my phone's email program to a free open source program called K9...and yes it is a salute to Dr Who...cute little dog robot icon.

It seems to have done the trick.  She told me that she could now see my posts.  It is available through the Droid marketplace as "K-9 Mail". I have switched completely over to it on my Droid for other reasons as well...namely that I can delete everything from my trash can at one time.

If you use hotmail, there have been some bugs that have cropped up in the past, but they seem to have a work around now.

I don't know about other smart phones, but as far as the Droid goes, it works for me and seemingly the listserv.  I imagine that it is because it is open source that the listserv is finding it easier to deal with digesting it.

As far as birds go, I nearly hit a turkey today in Marion over at the corner of 203 and739.

Have a great day!

Steve