OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2010

From:
Marc Nolls <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marc Nolls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:13:20 -0800
THE OOS 6th ANNUAL WILDS WINTER RAPTOR EXTRAVAGANZA
SATURDAY, JANUARY 15, 2011

Our annual THANK YOU to the Ohio birding community.

The OOS and the Wilds again are hosting our annual mid-winter venture to this fabulous birding mecca in southeast Ohio.

Raptors converge at the Wilds during winter to soar and stalk Meadow Voles scurrying through 10,000 hilly acres of reclaimed grassland. Rough-legged and Red-tailed Hawks, Northern Harriers, Short-eared Owls, along with plentiful Waterfowl, Woodpeckers, and Sparrows are regular sights. Golden Eagles usually enthrall birders each year.

This is an open invitation to all - and it is free - but we need to know who is coming.

Please send your RSVP to [log in to unmask] to reserve your space. We limit out, so - first emailed - first served. (Please supply all names in your group to avoid duplications.)

Full details, maps, and group assignment will be emailed back to you for proper preparation - See you there.

Happy Holidays,
Marc Nolls