OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2011

Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2011 17:25:03 -0500
Linda and I checked out the Alum Creek Lake path today. Activity was mild
but our main target was cooperative, the Eastern Screech Owl. Rob Thorn
reported  the rufous morf screech owl earlier on the 15th. It is still there at
the bridge  and looking cute as ever as Linda would say. I think she would
like to give it a  hug. I think I'm jealous.

Screech  Owl - South on the bikepath, the rufous morf bird was still
roosting in the  girders of the old bridge that spans the creek for the bikepath.
Look IN  the top girder at the northwest corner.

Other  birds present included many White-throated Sparrows, Eastern
Bluebirds, Cooper's  Hawk, Red-tailed Hawk, Red-bellied Woodpeckers, Hairy
Woodpeckers and the rest  of the regular suspects.

Charlie  Bombaci