OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2011

From:
Margaret Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Margaret Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2011 17:07:18 -0500
As a volunteer for OBBA II, I have experienced all kinds of reactions,
including those suggested by Bill.   Of the farm owners contacted, I
received permission from about 10% to enter their land.  I even had one
farmer tell me he had checked me out to be sure I wasn't from PETA, of all
things.   However, without permission to enter private land, my volunteer
work could never have been completed.

On another note, some of you will remember the Eurasian wigeon that appeared
Feb. 28 at T J Evans Park here in Newark and stayed a week.  Well, because
of inappropriate behavior by NONbirders, that park has been closed to
everyone for the time being.  So it is not only private land that can be
"removed" from access by birders.  A sad commentary on our society, to be
sure.

Margaret Bowman
Newark (Licking Co.) OH