OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2011

From:
Luv2bird33 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luv2bird33 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2011 20:32:09 -0500
Friday, January 21, 2011

We enjoyed watching birds around the yard today.  Although we were only home for 4 hours of daylight we ended up with a total of 23 species. Our highest number was 92 American Tree Sparrows.  Our most interesting bird was the Northern Mockingbird as we watched it take seed from the trays, eat berries from the bushes and drink from the bird bath.
Four Common Grackles and an Eastern Towhee  joined our usual backyard birds today - a Towhee was here last month but we hadn't seen him for the last several weeks so it was a nice addition to our 2011 yard list.
Ronnie Macko
Shari Jackson