OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2011

From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:49:43 -0500
        Periodically I offer a quick index to Bruce Peterjohn's "The Birds of
Ohio," which I find greatly speeds up finding species accounts in this
invaluable reference.
        I've made corrections necessary to conform to new nomenclature, and
also added a list of species added to the Ohio list since 2000, for a
total of 424.
        This alphabetical index of current English names is sized so that it
can be easily printed and pasted inside the back cover of this book. If
you use "Peterjohn" often--and you should--it saves a lot of time.
        Sorry I don't have a web site to post it and I can't attach it here,
but write to me and I can e-mail a copy. Please let me know if you see
any errors or omissions.
Bill Whan
Columbus
p.s. A complete list of the birds of Ohio may be found at
http://www.ohiobirds.org/publications/checklist/official.php