OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2011

From:
Bill Heck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Heck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2011 17:28:04 -0500
As of mid-afternoon, the Ross's Goose reported at Hoover Reservoir was
nowhere to be found from the Red Bank (Maxtown Road) boat launch south to
the dam. There is now less open water near Maxtown Road than there was
yesterday, although there were small flocks of Canada geese standing on the
ice just north of the boat launch and in a strip of open water near the east
shore of the reservoir almost directly across from the boat launch.

Otherwise, the situation was almost exactly as Ken described it yesterday
(see below) -- same open water, same birds.

Bill Heck

--
Bill Heck