OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2011

From:
Cole DiFabio <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cole DiFabio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2011 17:51:18 -0500
Suzanne Wagner wanted me to post this email she sent to my regarding Common Redpolls that have
been hanging around at Mentor Lagoons.

"Those trying for 100 January birds may be interested in a flock of Common Redpolls that has been
in one location for several days.  These birds have been feeding in the alder trees along the edge of
Lake Erie at Mentor Lagoons.  Take the main trail out to the Lake and wait.  The flock has been found
twice right there, where the trail meets the Lake, as well as to the east and west of this location.
Once the flock is spotted or heard, you can follow it from alder to alder."

Good Birding,
Cole F. DiFabio
Kirtland Ohio
Lake County