OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2011

From:
Spencer Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Spencer Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:53:31 -0500
On my way into work today I stopped by to see if I could find the North
Ridgeville Bald Eagle.   It was there.  I stop by every now and then and
it's there about half of the time.  The last few times I've gone, I've also
seen Northern Harriers.  Today there was at least one.  All birds were
visible from the car.  Here are the directions if you are interested:

From Center Ridge Road, turn on Meadow Lakes Drive towards the North.  This
is adjacent to All American Sports.  As you travel North on Meadow Lakes
Drive, in about .5 miles you will come to Amber Way.  Turn Left (West) on
Amber Way and take it until the dead end, only about 100 yards at the most.
The Bald Eagle is usually perching in the trees directly in front of the
dead end.  This property is the Eastern border of Sandy Ridge Metropark.
From here, if you want to see the Northern Harriers, go back to Meadow Lakes
Drive and turn Left (North).  On your Right (East) there are open fields.
Scan the top of the fields and you'll see the Northern Harriers.

Good Luck!

Spencer