OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2011

Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:28:07 -0500
Greetings,

In Union County, on rds Winnimac, Boundry, Phelps, and Hoover-Moffit.  I saw several small flocks of the three (Horned Larks, Lapland Larkspurs,  and Snow Buntings).  The only buntings were on Phelps rd.  But the rest of the flocks, around 20 in all, were split between the Larks and Longspurs at a ratio of about 60/40.  With about 250-300 in total.  Lots of great looks.  The buntings never got close enough to photograph, but everything else pretty much stayed close.

Time for work!

Happy winter birding, and God Bless!

Steve J.
(Aka SJLarue)