OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2011

From:
Verna Ansel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Verna Ansel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2011 16:42:51 -0800
Surprisingly the bald eagle on the far west side of Franklin County is still
there. He was at Prairie Oaks-Darby Bend Lakes today (just off Amity Road)
around 5:00 p.m. He stayed in the tree for quite a while. I was even able to go
home and get my husband and get back and he was still there. Do you suppose he
is looking for a place to build a nest? Wow, what a blessing to have him in this
area.

For anyone who isn't familiar with these parks out this way, you can access them
from I-70 West. Get off at Rt. 142 and go north (to the right). Prairie Oaks is
just about a mile north on the right side of the road. Prairie Oaks-Darby Bend
Lakes is on Amity Road. To get there from the freeway, turn left on Rt. 142, go
over the I-70 freeway and turn left at the first street (High-Free Pike). Follow
this a short distance until you see Roberts Road. Turn left. At the first stop
sign (Amity Road), turn left. The park is about 2 miles up on the left.

Happy Birding,
Verna Ansel
Galloway, OH (Franklin Co.)