OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2011

From:
Annie Spicer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2011 23:54:16 +0000
This is a late posting, I thought I had completely subscribed to the Ohio-Birds yesterday.

I've been watching the neighborhood for over a year to see if something new
would end up in the Cumberland Trail ponds, other than the Mallards and Canada
Geese.  Finally, this morning we had a single bufflehead appeared. He seemed
quite content, so hopefully he will stay around.

I also noticed more residence are putting up feeders.  Hopefully we will begin
attracting a nice variety of birds to view.  The backyard birding is a little
limited.  We have a beautiful Cooper's Hawk that stalks my feeders.  He comes
around just enough to stir everything up- while I am trying to enjoy the flurry
of activity at the feeders.  Mostly common species, but we've had a couple
beautiful white-throated sparrows visit frequently.  The two Red-Tails have not
come into the neighborhood yet, they have a tendency to stay on Main Street and
Columbia, along with an American Kestrel.

I am still hopeful there is an owl out there somewhere close.  But no luck as of
yet.

Hopefully with the feeders full, I will be able to report new findings.

God Bless and Happy Birding!

Annie