OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2011

From:
Paula Lozano <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paula Lozano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2011 22:36:32 -0500
Saturday, February 19, 2011, 5:30 p.m.
Belle Avenue near Detroit Avenue, Lakewood
Observers: Paula Lozano, Bob Finkelstein, Jan Ranahan

On our way to dinner at Aladdin's, we found the decapitated torso of a grebe on the curb by the first parking space north of Detroit. (Peregrines frequently perch on the SE corner of the Lakewood Center North Building opposite Aladdin's.) Besides the head, the bird's insides were missing. Its back and feet were intact. I took a few for-the-record photos. If anyone wants to see them, contact me off the list-serve.

Paula Lozano
Lakewood, Ohio