OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2011

From:
Andy Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2011 18:09:53 +0000
Bill Whan, Brad Sparks and I have spent the morning visiting various locales around Cleveland. Highlights include the following:

Eastlake (8-915 AM): similar to Jen Brumfield's earlier post, we did not have the Iceland Gull but we did get the Glaucous and a Thayer's Gull. Also present were Greater and Lesser Black-backed gulls, both scaup, various other diving ducks, a kingfisher, and a pair of peregrines on the stack.

E. 72: hardly any open water-did have a single Ruddy Duck among a bunch of rehead and such.

Lakewood Cemetery: 1 common redpoll, 2 pine siskins and a sapsucker were nice treats here.

Avon Lake: open water is limited close to the plant, which was full of bufflehead; more open water is further out where there hundreds of common and red-breasted mergs. A very cursory count of Greater Black-backed Gulls turned up roughly 100; likely an under-estimation on my part.

Good birding,

Andy Sewell

Columbus

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by CREDO Mobile.