OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2011

From:
Cindy Beckman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cindy Beckman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2011 14:33:28 -0800
A friend who is working as a lab assistant with the Cornell Lab of Ornithology
is looking for some part-time help to assist in identifying birds in photos,
enter bird names on a website, and make modifications to the website.  The job
does not pay much, but you can work from a computer at home.  You can see his
work at this website:

http://www.whywelovebirds.com/

If you're interested, you can contact John via the email address at the end
of the following letter, which explains what he is doing and the type of help he
needs:

My name is John McKean; I am a Lab Associate with the Cornell Lab of Ornithology
and live in Bellbrook, Ohio.

I’m in the process of photographing the world’s bird species.  To date, I have
photographed almost 70% of the world’s bird families.

The Cornell Lab of Ornithology and I are in a partnership.  I provide them bird
images which they use for their various Ornithology projects, e.g. Neo-Tropics,
Birds of the World, their websites.

I need someone, preferably someone who lives near Bellbrook (Dayton), who is
knowledgeable about birds and is computer savvy to help me input bird names,
identify species, and make various modifications to the website.  Cornell does a
search on my website for the species they need for their various projects and
then downloads the pictures directly.  Many of the pictures are already up but
are not labeled and therefore Cornell cannot do their species search for the
unidentified birds.

Work can be done either in my office or remotely.  I can teach somebody
everything they need to know.  All my images are donated to Cornell free of
charge.  I will pay someone a straight five dollars an hour for this help.

Thanks

John McKean
Lab Associate
Cornell Lab of Ornithology