OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2011

From:
Tom Bain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:04:53 -0500
Attention birders,

Sunday is the last day of the 2011 Rusty blackbird Hotspot Blitz. Go out and
check those historical hotspots for rusties! Record rusties anywhere you
find them. Check your home feeders!

IMPORTANT! If you check a Rusty Blackbird Hotspot and find none, report the
effort and the result!

"You can go wherever you like, whenever you like, and as often as you like
anytime between January 29 - February 13, 2011. We are simply looking for
the number of birds present at each location, along with very basic habitat
information."

http://nationalzoo.si.edu/scbi/migratorybirds/research/rusty_blackbird/blitz
.cfm

Please review the website at the link above to learn more.

Tom Bain
Ohio Coordinator
Rusty Blackbird Hotspot Blitz