OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2011

From:
Jay Stenger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jay Stenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2011 22:20:39 -0500
Today Jay Stenger, Mark Gilsdorf and I birded the Ohio River from Markland Dam (IN-KY) to Meldahl Dam (OH-KY) and William M. Harsha Lake in East Fork State Park (OH).  We recorded 8,925 gulls of 6 species.  Much of our day was spent in Indiana and Kentucky, but here are our Ohio highlights:

One first cycle Kumlien's Iceland Gull on the riverfront in New Richmond, OH.

One adult Lesser Black-backed Gull at William H. Harsha Lake (East Fork State Park).

One White-winged Scoter above Meldahl Dam on the Ohio River.

One of the Long-tailed Ducks that has been reported at Chilo Lock 34 Park.

For the full report with details follow this link:
http://cincinnatibirds.com/goodbird/sighting.php?PHPSESSID=b44fa58452b8eeaffe32f6feb7b95473

Jack Stenger,
Cincinnati, OH