OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2011

From:
Roger Troutman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roger Troutman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2011 12:14:57 -0500
Hi all,

Howard Gratz, John Herman and I both heard and saw the Raven at 9:30 this
a.m. (2/17/11). It was located about 1/4 mile east of College Hill Road on
the south side of Koppert Road.  It was just
west of the red barn (where the elk are located).  It flew up and over
Koppert Road back towards College Hill where it disappeared behind the
hill.  The bird was heard and seen for about 10 minutes after which it gave
up a 200 yard away fly-by. It seems to be staying within a couple of square
miles just north of Koppert Road and the south end of College Hill Road but
has been seen on Hostetler, Pealer Mill, Reed  and Fowler Roads. The local
roads are sloppy but passable although this warm weather will probably not
do them any good travel wise for the next several days.

Also seen were 1 groundhog and 4 very young,black (loose, if not wild) pigs
of the 20 pound weight class.

Roger Troutman