OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2011

From:
Cindy Beckman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cindy Beckman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2011 09:39:54 -0700
A great way to have fun, meet other birders, and help local conservation and
environmental education efforts!  Our local Audubon chapter is seeking new teams
for its annual Birdathon.  Teams can be any size, from an individual to a large
group; any age, from students to senior citizens; any skill level, from beginner
to expert birder.  You can start your own team or join an existing team.  Any
way you do it, you're bound to have a good time.

The Dayton Audubon Society will hold its annual Birdathon from 5:00 PM on
Friday, April 29, until 5:00 PM on Saturday, April 30.  All teams are invited to
meet to tally the day's birds at the Twin Oaks Shelter in Hills and Dales
Metropark beginning at 5:30 PM on Saturday, April 30.  Pizza and soft drinks
will be provided.

All proceeds from the Birdathon go to organizations that provide environmental
education and/or scholarships for the youth of the Miami Valley, Beavercreek
Wetlands, Aullwood Audubon Center, and Dayton Audubon Society.

If you would like to register a new team or join an existing team for this
year's event, please contact me for more information and pledge forms.

Cindy Beckman
DAS Board Member

Cheepers! Birding on a Budget
www.cheepersbirding.com