OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2011

From:
Robert Setzer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Setzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2011 23:23:43 -0500
After a nasty slip and fall on the iced driveway last week, I have had a
chance to work up some photos from some recent trips for birds. (Hey, there
is a rainbow in every storm!).

Tonight I posted a few pics of the birds at Dutton Road. Ed calls it "Dutton
Fields" and I call it "Dutton and Lapeer" relative to eBird. We have not
offered it up as an eBird HotSpot due to its special and seasonal nature,
but indeed it has been a very remarkable and nearby place for Judy and I!
What an incredible gift Ed gave us this year!

From my last posting, I had several people ask for directions and know Ed
had many more before that. It has been extremely nice to see the interest in
Oakland County birding! Yet, it really turns out to be just timing and great
luck - just like all birding.... Patience helps .

Anyway, here is what I did tonight. I had fun with the captions. Please
enjoy! (Let me know .)

http://www.pbase.com/doctorbass/2010_2011_winter_birds

Previously I had posted notes from Dutton on my blog.

http://drbobsbirdblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/2011-02-04-winter-visitors-as-see
n-on.html

http://drbobsbirdblog.blogspot.com/2011_01_01_archive.html

I cannot guarantee the buntings or longspurs, but I am quite confident the
Horned Larks (a lifer for me last year) will be around for awhile.

(The Dutton crow pics are a tad late for the OC Audubon Society meeting this
week, but never underestimate a crow! .)

"Dr. Bob" Setzer

Streamwood Estates, Rochester Hills (Crooks & Hamlin), Oakland County

"Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day."   Teaching a man to "bird"
is much harder!