OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2011

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2011 19:06:48 -0700
I went to Villa Angela and Wildwood State Parks on the eastside of Cleveland today form 12:00 to 2pm.  I left and returned from 4 to 5:30pm when I ran into Mark Anderson this time.  I hadn't seen him for awhile and he said he saw one Common Redpoll in Villa Angela feeding on the ground under the alders north of the field on Sat 3/12 in the exact place where I had seen three on 1/14/11 in the trees.  So today we went to the same place and he found two of them in the same area.  Here are a few of the birds seen today:

Wildwood Marina & Euclid Creek @ Wildwood
Hooded Merganser 1 pair
Pied-billed Grebe 1
Horned Grebes 8  (4 were seen on 3/16)
American Coots 2
Bufflehead 2  (there were 10 in front of Villa Angela on 3/16)
Red-breasted Mergansers - 4

Villa Angela:
Winter Wren 1
Gray Catbird 1
Chipping Sparrow 1 heard
Fox Sparrows 6 (woods north of field & near entrance)
White-crowned Sparrow 1 (1st winter still singing near mobile home park also woods near fenceline & foraging near woods opening near lake)
Common Redpoll 2

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/