OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2011

From:
Liz Jaggers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Liz Jaggers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 2011 11:18:33 -0400
I am new to the list and want to thank everyone who shares their incredible
experience and experiences, knowledge and enthusiasm. I am learning so much
and am so thankful!

Yesterday, in order of highest to lowest numbers, I observed these birds
from about 11:00 to 3:00:
Close to a hundred Red breasted merganzers and cormorants, high numbers of
bufflehead, ring necked duck, eared and horned grebes and lesser scaup
, only a dozen or so readhead, a few shovelers, a pair of wigeon.  There
were several ducks that I just could not identify, though I kept thinking
they could have been female common golden eye. I didn't see any males,
though. Has anyone been seeing common golden eye in that area lately?

I was hoping to see the loon, but didn't. I hope I am luckier today!

Other birds included 1 belted kingfisher,cardinals, blue jays, chicadees,
red winged black birds, downy wp, TV's,black vulture, am crows, and as I was
wrapping up, I happend to look to the north a gorgeous red fox had started
up Plumb Road toward me, but when I moved and we made eye contact, it turned
quickly and bolted back into the brush

Liz Jaggers
Worthington