OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2011

From:
Brian Menker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Menker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2011 18:26:13 -0700
As Doug Overacker posted, there was an Eared Grebe at C.J. Brown Reservoir in
Clark County this afternoon.  I first saw it at about 1:30, and it was still
there at 5:30 when I was heading home.  It was hanging out right next to the
control tower on the dam, and only a few yards from shore.  Easiest access to
that spot is from the parking lot right below the dam by the intersection of
Croft Road and Robert Eastman Road.  Walk up the steps on the dam (or to the
right, around the guard rail and up the service road if steps are a barrier).

I also saw a Ross's Goose at Old Reid Park down the street on Croft Road at
about 11:30 a.m., but it was gone later in the day

Larry Jeanblanc took a good photo of the grebe and I posted it for him on the
Ohio Birds Forum here:
http://www.ohiobirds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1628

Brian Menker
Dayton/Springfield