OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2011

Date:
Sat, 26 Mar 2011 23:54:11 -0400
Ahh! A nice relaxing day with my camera. :-D    I started off over at
Killdeer Plains viewing Coots and American Wigeon.  I didn't get the
Eurasian, but the bird was so far out for my camera, it wouldn't have
mattered anyways.  Heading down CR 71, an adult Baldie was sitting in
one of the shrubs...different. wish I should have stopped, but it would
have flown and the light was all wrong anyways.

Oddity for me today was a darker gray blackbird with yellowish eyes,
flew to quick for camera, but I think it was probably a Female
Rusty...is it too late for them?

Went Snipe hunting, saw one get flushed when a truck flushed one that
was working on a worm.  Got more than enough pictures to do me for a season.
Saw more than enough Trumpeter Swans, coots and Canada Geese to do me
for the rest of the year. :-D Also saw a Rough-winged Hawk, searching
for a bite to eat.

Once I got down to Big Island WA, the wind had picked up and nothing was
easy.  But I did see the Ross's Goose in the same area that the Wigeon
was in.  Lots of Ring-necked Ducks and Pin-tailed ducks.  I actually saw
two pair of Black Ducks...Bruce did you guys loose some? :-D  Wood ducks
were plentiful as well as Mallards.  Blue-winged teal were in a river
overflow area outside of LaRue.

Lots of other things throughout the day; Kestrels, RTH, Baldies, RWBB,
Song Sparrows, Bluebirds, Downys, and the usual trash birds.

Got a few pics, nothing special...unless you have never been snipe
hunting ;-D:
http://sjlarue.smugmug.com/Unsorted/OhioBirds/16108559_K6usy

Steve J.

1. The heavens declare the glory of God,
       and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
Psalms 19.1