OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2011

From:
Susan Ruth Marengo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2011 20:47:50 -0400
HI,

I took the kiddos to Gordon Park in Cleveland for our first big kid birding trip.  The eared grebe was skulking along the metal wall adjacent to the park -- not the wall adjacent to Dike 14-- so you had to walk over to the water's edge by the picnic tables and peer down.  Later I saw the eared and horned at the marina.  I went to the side opposite  Gordon Park and was along the big rocks against the lake (my kids were more interested in climbing on the rocks and collecting shells than seeing birds).  The eared grebe was sleeping in the water under the slips -- you had to look for him since he was bobbing around the posts etc.  The horned grebe was against the wall opposite Gordon Park so again you had to walk to the edge and look down.  Have fun.

Susan Ruth Marengo
Northeast Cleveland Heights -- Just South of America's North Coast